- Welcome to the Great Lakes. Only 3 hours north of Sydney where the magnificent Eastern Dividing Range forms a backdrop to one of the most dazzling stretches of coast you will ever see.
- Why not visit the Official Great Lakes Website and discover where to stay; exciting things to do; an amazing program of events and markets; stunning natural attractions; regular news updates - plus informative guides to our beaches, towns, National Parks and so much more.
- Club Forster and the Sporties Tuncurry are proud to be Platinum Partners with Great Lakes Tourism and invite you to sample our hospitality whilst you visit 'paradise'!
How to Get Here by car
- The Great Lakes is situated on the NSW Mid North Coast, just off the Pacific Highway.
- Improvements in the Highway now make it an easy 2-2.5hrs drive from Sydney's Northern suburbs to Tea Gardens & 3.5hrs to Forster-Tuncurry.
- With a journey of less than 2hrs to Forster Tuncurry from Newcastle. Travelling south it is an 8hrs drive from Brisbane to Forster/Tuncurry.
- From western NSW the drive from Tamworth is less than 5 hrs.
- Busways provides daily services linking Taree, Forster, Pacific Palms, Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest and Newcastle.
- For Busways information & to book visit www.busways.com.au or call 1800 043 263.
- Tickets can also be purchased from Forster Visitor Information Centre.
- Forster Coaches operates daily services between Forster-Tuncurry & Sydney (via Pacific Palms, Bulahdelah, Newcastle Airport, Newcastle Rail, Swansea, Chatswood).
- For Forster Coach information visit www.forsterbus.com.au or call 02 6554 6431 Greyhound Australia operate daily coach services from Brisbane & Sydney.
- For Greyhound information & to book visit www.greyhound.com.au or call 1300 473 946. Holiday Coast Connections operate a daily service (except Sunday) between Port Macquarie & Newcastle, via Taree.
- For Holiday Coast Connections information & to book visit www.holidaycoastconnections.com.au or call 02 6581 5557.
- The XPT train service between Sydney and Brisbane stops daily at Taree, 30mins north of Forster-Tuncurry.
- To book or contact CountryLink visit www.countrylink.info or call 13 22 32.
- Forster Coaches provide regular daily services (except Sundays & public holidays) between Forster and Tuncurry as well as a regional service from Tarbuck Bay, Smiths Lake and Pacific Palms.
- For Forster Coach information visit www.forsterbus.com.au or call 02 6554 6431.
by rental car
- The best way to explore the region is on a self-drive tour.
- To experience the best of beach, National Park and hinterland, pick up a rental car locally from one of the following national hire companies:
- Hertz 1300 767 339, Great Lakes Car Rentals 02 6555 2833 & Thrifty Car Rentals 02 6551 5125.
- First Class Transfer Services specialise in airport transfers, shopping trips, Golf & Wine tours & more.
- Travel in total comfort in their Mercedes Benz Viano (carries 8 people). Servicing Tea Gardens, Hawks Nest, Pindimar, Nerong, Bulahdelah to Forster. For information call 02 4997 1780 or 0414 776 563.
- Local taxi services are provided by Forster-Tuncurry Taxis 02 6554 6555
- Hawks Nest Tea Gardens Taxi & Hire 0408 667 9510.
The above information courtesy of www.greatlakes.org.au