Forster Martial Arts & Fitness
NEW! Women only 'Fun and Fitness Classes
Contact: Colin Osborn on 0427 672 676
- Real world self defence training for adults and kids
- No uniforms, no dance moves, no gradings, no flash Hollywood moves. Just real world tactics for dealing with an attacker.
- Fight Readiness
- And for those that wish to take the next step, either to compete or just to be fighting fit there’s a program to match.
- Warrior Workouts
- A 20-25 minute workout using many of the drills used to prepare fighters for competition.
- Work at your own pace or ‘walk in, crawl out’ you choose.
Free Introductory Offer
- Email, text or phone to book your 2 free self-defence classes or 2 free warrior workouts.
- No obligation, just come and try.
- Class sizes strictly limited, so bookings are essential.
New Timetable (as of May 25th 2015)
MARTIAL ARTS (Adults $15, Students $10)
- 4.00pm: Children - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 5.00pm: Intermediate - Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday
- 6.00pm: Advanced - Monday, Wednesday, Thursday
WARRIOR WORKOUT ($5)
- 9.30am - Tuesday & Thursday
- Small groups by appointment - $50 p/h
Code Of Conduct
- Students will adhere strictly to the following Code of Conduct.
- This is required due to the serious nature of Martial Arts training.
- Good manners, respect and common sense must be nurtured in all students to ensure the safety of everyone in the class and the proper maintenance of equipment and venues.
As students we respect each other, our environment and our community, and behave accordingly.
- Providing instruction in a safe environment
- Developing the mental and physical tools for improving personal safety & security.
- Promotion of good health and vitality.
- Development of self-esteem, confidence and leadership
- Development of a person as a positive role model in the community.
- Developing healthy community attitudes and values.
All persons participating in a class must agree to be bound by this Code of Conduct.
- Instructors will ensure that the training area is clear of any dangerous and/or sharp objects that may provide a risk of injury.
- Jewelery and watches that may cause injury to yourself or others and should be removed before training or taped.
- Wedding rings may be worn.
- Instructors will have access at all times to a fully equipped first aid kit.
- All persons participating in training agree to maintain self-control at all times and maintain all care in the application of any technique.
- Any person, who in training, exhibits behavior that, in the judgment of the Instructor, is a danger to other participants, shall not be allowed to continue training until the Instructor determines the danger is no longer present.
Training Etiquette and Gear
- Students will be expected to have their own boxing gloves and wraps. As they progress, they may wish to purchase other protective equipment but only after showing a long term interest in training
- No uniform is required; however Persons training must give proper attention to personal hygiene and exhibit clean grooming; and ensure that fingernails & toenails are trimmed and clean, hair to be clean and pulled back off the face.
- Students should bring a towel and filled water bottle to each training session.
- Students will respect the equipment provided and use it appropriately.
- Bring all gear and equipment to all sessions.
Sickness or Injury
- Persons must not train if they are suffering from the flu or other viral infection that may be passed on to other persons.
- Persons must advise the Instructor if suffering from any injury or medical condition, either permanent or temporary, which may be adversely affected by certain types of training e.g. neck and back injuries, asthma etc.
- Persons must not attend training under the influence of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Smoking is not allowed in the Training Area.
- Do not consume Energy Drinks in the class and it is preferred that these drinks not be consumed prior to arriving for training.
- Persons with a cut or bleeding injury must cease training immediately and receive appropriate first aid. Re-joining the training session will not be allowed until the instructor has deemed that is safe to do so.
- Persons administering first aid to a person suffering a cut or bleeding injury must wear protective gloves.
Training Area Ethics
- Respect, Humility, Honesty and Integrity are the hallmarks of martial arts.
- Your training partner is the most precious resource you have, show them respect.
- Persons must always be courteous and helpful to each other.
- Physical contact between persons who are training must be appropriate to the situation and necessary for the skill development of those persons.
- Sexual harassment, defined as being where a person is subjected to unwanted or uninvited sexual behaviour, will not be tolerated.
- Any form of discrimination based on sex, ethnic origin, language, colour, or other form of differentiation will not be tolerated.
- Students will respect themselves and others outside the confines of the class. It is expected that no student will participate in street fighting or violence of any kind unless placed in a dangerous or life threatening situation. Students will not bring their class into disrepute.
CLICK HERE FOR AN ENROLLMENT FORM